- PhD in Pharmacy (Univ. Complutense of Madrid, Spain)
- Specialist in Clinical Microbiology
- Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (University of La Rioja, Logroño, Spain) (since 2003)
- Coordinator of the Research Group on Antimicrobial Resistance from the One Health perspective (OneHealth-UR) in the University of La Rioja.
- Member of the Academy of Pharmacy “Reino de Aragon”
- Member of the National Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance (PRAN) of Spain. (Work group on Antimicrobial resistance in the environment).
- Member of the Scientific Conseil of Fundación Gadea for Science (since 2019)
- President of the GEMARA group (Spanish Study Group on Mechanisms of Action and Resistance) during 2019-2021.
- Antimicrobial resistance from the OneHealth perspective, analyzing the mechanisms of resistance and the mechanisms of acquisition/mobilization of resistance genes in commensal and pathogenic bacteria in the human-animal interface, determining their implications in Public Health.
- New antimicrobial agents, including antimicrobial peptides (bacteriocins).
- Co-author of more than 450 publications (Index H: :60) Supervisor of 30 doctoral thesis
- Participation in 30 national and international projects, in many of them as main researcher.
- Member of the research project Avibiocin (CRDI)
- Coauthor of a patent.
- Reception of several research awards for the scientific activity.